Magnolia is located along Hwy. 249, about 25 miles north of Houston in Montgomery County. If you are looking for a home on land close to the city this is the place to go. Magnolia Tx Real estate is booming with country subdivisions popping up all over the place. All you have to do to enjoy the landscape is look around. You will find beautiful forest, rolling hills and much more. The town in the last few years has experienced phenomenal growth.
Horses and Magnolia Tx go together. Magnolia is the area where you can find horse property and still be able to commute to Houston, The Woodlands or Exxon. The town has several stores that stock feed, supplies, tack, clothing and more. It is not hard to find veterinary services in and around the Magnolia area. If you don’t have a horse, no problem, there are plenty of horses for sale around Magnolia. Typically the country subdivisions will allow one horse per acre.
Magnolia Tx History
This was once a tiny town with the primary industry being sawmills. Early in the 1900′s Magnolia was known as “Mink”. The name of the town was changed in the mid 1900′s. Sawmills need railroads so it was natural that the railroad should become an integral part of the community. Those days are long gone but the Magnolia Depot still stands as a tribute to that era. The Depot, as a result of the efforts of many community volunteers has been placed in its original location. The old depot was once a hub of activity. Passenger and freight cars filled with people, lumber, groceries, supplies, daily newspapers and just about any other necessity of the day rolled in and out. The depot now rests beside the tracks, with many trains passing through but never stopping for cargo or passengers.
For more detailed information about attractions in Magnolia check out this additional page.
Magnolia Tx Real Estate
My Automated Search Tools will help you find -
- Magnolia TX real estate – Homes & houses for sale, MLS
- Lots & properties for Sale, horse property &acreage for sale in Magnolia. MLS
- Relocate to Magnolia TX Relocation information
- Free Home Market Analysis – What is my Magnolia TX home worth? Click for a free Home Value
- Magnolia Community information (Resource Center)
- HUD Foreclosures, Foreclosures and Short SalesAutomated Search for foreclosures
- Selling your home – Marketing – Magnolia TX Home Seller information
- Home buying guidelines – Magnolia TX Home Buyer information
- New construction – Buying a new Magnolia TX home
- Lender information – The Loan Process Mortgage details
- Lease a Magnolia TX home Rent a home